For School Leaders
Main content start
The National Board Certification process and body of knowledge are research-backed tools for improving teacher effectiveness and retention, and increasing student achievement.
The National Board Resource Center can help you with local candidate support!
- Partner with the NBRC to offer local certification cohorts, including private cohorts for your teachers or "hybrid" cohorts through which candidates attend our nationwide online support group, with additional local support and collaboration facilitated by the NBRC.
- Attend a Professional Learning Facilitator training to support your existing teacher leaders and learn more about program building.
Additional Resources for Local Candidate Support
- How School Leaders Can Support National Board Certification: A Pathway to Accomplished Teaching from National Boar
- Program Building Toolkit Launchpad from National Board
- Info on the CA Incentive Allotment Program, a California Department of Education program that will pay for candidate certification costs (up to $2500/teacher) and stipends for National Board Certified Teachers ($5000/year for 5 years) for teachers in high priority schools.
- Info on using COVID relief funding to support National Board certification activities
- Research on the impact of National Board certification