Online Candidate Support Program
The NBRC Candidate Support Program offers:
- A supportive, collaborative, learning environment
- Certificate area groups, facilitated by National Board Certified Teachers
- Offers support in collecting, curating, and analyzing classroom artifacts
- Ongoing updates from NBPTS
- Strategies and support for describing and analyzing your practice
- A self-paced online course through Canvas
- (Optional) Start learning about the certification process now with our free, asynchronous Foundations course.
Where and when does the Support Group meet?
For the 2022-23 academic year, all support will take place online. We will meet on Tuesdays, 5-6pm PT every other week in the fall semester (Sept 13- December), and weekly in the spring semester (January-May).
Is there a fee or application for the Support Group?
Participation in our cohort costs $500 per year, but there is no application. We welcome all certificate areas, and candidates at any stage of the process, including retake candidates.
Support group fees include access to all virtual meetings, facilitated by National Board Certified Teachers from a range of certificate areas. Fees also include access to a Canvas course, which houses all resources from synchronous sessions as well as asynchronous materials guiding you through the certification process.
Does the NBRC offer private cohorts?
The NBRC partners with schools, districts, or other educational organizations to offer local private certification cohorts, connected to your local needs and context. We also offer "hybrid" cohorts through which candidates attend our nationwide online support group, with additional local support and collaboration facilitated by the NBRC.