Since our Introductory Seminars have passed, please register directly for our Candidate Support program. We will be reviewing the process before our sessions through the Fall so you can get your questions answered.
Introductory Seminar offered by the NBRC at Stanford will…
- Offer a preview of the new certification process including what the portfolio is
- Give participants a chance to experience some of the work involved in candidacy
- Help prospective candidates make informed decisions about pursuing candidacy
- Present strategies for getting started on the work of planning and developing a portfolio
Who should attend a seminar?
- Teachers who are interested in becoming National Board candidates
- Teachers who want to learn more about board certification for future planning
- Administrators who wish to learn more about certification
- Teachers who are NB candidates and are eager to begin the work
A school or district may still request an introductory session that can be offered at a school site or district office for groups of teachers/administrators.