- Provides a supportive, collaborative, learning environment
- Certificate groups are led by National Board Certified Teachers
- Teachers learn to describe and analyze their practice, which results in deeper understanding and improved teaching
- Self-pace using our Canvas online learning course.
- Start now with our Foundations course.
Where and when does the Support Group meet?
This year the Stanford support group merges with our online cohort and meets online every week on Tuesdays from 5-6pm Pacific Time. Once it is safe and the Stanford campus is open we may host some sessions
Past Recorded Topics
- August 24: Overview of NB Process and clarifying questions
2020-2021 Dates (Syllabus with schedule)
- August 15, 2020- Intro to the National Board Body of Knowledge Use these times to review the recording more quickly:
- August 29, 2020- Intro to the four components
- Starting September 1, 2020 sessions will be every Tuesday from 5-6pm Pacific Time
Is there a fee for the program?
- Yes, $400 each year.
This cost gains you access to the course and all the candidate support for the entire year. Please register and pay by October.
May I earn university credits for my work?
You may earn up to 10 Stanford continuing education quarter units awarded on the basis of the number of sessions attended and the number of components completed and submitted to the NBPTS. Register here for units.